Sunday, February 16, 2020

Effortless Eggnog

I found this recipe years ago and am now copying it here from our family cookbook binder. Enjoy!



Effortless “Eggnog”
½ gallon cold milk, divided 
1 pkg. (3.4 oz.) instant French Vanilla pudding mix
¼ cup sugar
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg

In your serving bowl (or in a small bowl), combine ¾ cup milk and pudding mix.  Whisk until smooth.  Then whisk in the sugar, vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg.  If using the serving bowl, stir in remaining milk until all is well combined.  If using a small bowl, I get my half gallon of milk from a ½ empty full gallon of milk.  Then I pour the pudding mixture back into my milk jug, and then replace the lid and shake the jug to get everything combined.  You can’t use a regular ½ gallon jug because there is no extra room for the pudding, sugar, or spices.  Store in refrigerator until ready to serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment