Sunday, May 23, 2010

Farm Journal's Brown Sugar Peach Pie


Scott LOVES peaches, and so I made him a peach pie and it turned out GREAT! I thought I would share the recipe with you.  The beautiful picture came from the Taste of Home website, but the recipe came out of my Farm Journal's Complete Pie Cookbook.

Brown Sugar Peach Pie
Pastry for 2-crust pie
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
3 Tbl. flour
1/4 to 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/8 tsp. salt
5 cups sliced peeled fresh peaches
1 Tbl. lemon juice
1/4 tsp. almond extract
2 Tbl. butter or margarine
Combine sugars, flour, cinnamon and salt. Sprinkle peaches with lemon juice and almond extract. Add sugar-flour mixture to peaches and mix gently. Turn into pastry-lined 9" pie pan. Dot with butter. Adjust top crust and crimp edges; cut vents. Bake in hot oven (425 degrees) about 35-45 minutes, or until juices start to bubble in vents and crust is golden.

*I used a package of ready-made pie crust dough. I also have some spray butter, and I lightly sprayed my crust top, and then sprinkled with a little bit of course sugar to make it pretty. Instead of just using a knife to cut the vents in the top crust, I have some teeny-tiny autumn cookie cutters, and I cut leaf patters out of the crust and placed the cut out pieces back on top over lapping the holes they came from. Very festive! I also cover my crust edge with either some foil, or, now I have a silicone pie crust ring to keep the crimped edges from burning before the pie is done.

No comments:

Post a Comment