Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Marsha's Kneader's Chunky Cinnamon Bread Pudding

So, a family friend gave us a Kneader's bread basket for Christmas. It happened to be right when we had tons of food in the house (of course! It was Christmas!) and so I had to put some of the bread in the freezer. Because it was our garage deep freeze, it got forgotten about. So, I finally remembered and pulled out the once beautiful loaf of Chunky Cinnamon Bread. (I don't know why it's call chunky because there were no chunks in it...)



I am sure the bread was AMAZING fresh, but now it was dry and stiff, and no amount of help was going to bring it back from the land of frost that it had been living in for 2 months. So... what to do... I just couldn't bring myself to toss it out, and not I am so glad that I didn't! Introducing, Marsha's Kneader's Chunky Cinnamon Bread Pudding! It was pretty amazing.

Marsha's Kneader's Chunky Cinnamon Bread Pudding

2/3 loaf of Kneader's Chunky Cinnamon Bread
3 eggs
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
dash of salt
1 1/2 cups milk
brown sugar

Grease a square baking dish (9x9x2 or so). Cube bread into approximately one inch chunks and evenly fill the baking dish. In a medium bowl, beat eggs, 1/3 cup granulated sugar, cinnamon, salt and milk. Pour over bread. Sprinkle top with brown sugar (2 Tbl or so). Cover tightly and refrigerate at least 2 hours or up to 24 hours. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Bake uncovered 50-60 minutes or until golden brown and cook through. Serve warm, topped with powdered sugar, whipped cream and/or maple syrup. (I used all three and it was sinfully good!)

No comments:

Post a Comment