Thursday, November 7, 2019

Beer Pancakes


When I was a kid, my Dad would make beer pancakes that were delicious. I wasn't old enough to remember how he made them, but feeling nostalgic one day, I Googled a recipe and found something on All Recipes. While I will add that recipe below because it was good, I have sort of found that if you just take your favorite pancake mix that calls for water and add beer to it instead you get practically the same thing with MUCH less work. (Maybe that's how Dad did it afterall... humm...) So, either way, enjoy!

Beer Pancakes

  1. In a large bowl, stir together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Pour in the egg, beer and melted butter; stir with a whisk just until blended - a few lumps are okay.
  2. Heat a skillet or griddle over medium heat (325 degrees). Coat with vegetable oil or cooking spray. Spoon about 1/4 cup of batter onto the hot surface for each pancake. When bubbles appear on top of the pancakes, flip, and cook until browned on the other side.

No comments:

Post a Comment