Friday, November 1, 2019

Maddox Turkey Steaks



We are lucky enough to live in an area where we can get Maddox turkey steaks out of our freezer section in the grocery store. But preparing them like they do at the restaurant is no easy task. I've tried several ways, but this is currently my favorite! Enjoy!

Marsha's Maddox Turkey Steaks
Turkey Steaks, thawed
Butter
Salt
Pepper
Garlic Salt
Oil

Thaw turkey steaks in fridge overnight. Melt 2-3 Tbl butter in a pan. Season the steaks with a touch of salt, pepper, and garlic salt on both sides. Cook in pan over medium to medium-low heat (to give the center plenty of time to cook) until the internal temperature reaches 150-165 degrees, turning occasionally. Can add extra oil to the pan if there is not enough butter. Steaks are done when center is no longer pink. Took me about 15-20 min. per batch. I can cook 3 steaks at a time in my largest fry pan. Wipe pan out with paper towel between batches.

No comments:

Post a Comment