Saturday, July 18, 2020

Marsha's Stuffed Hamburgers

*This is a low carb option if you don't use a bun.

We had our biggest success this 4th of July with making stuffed hamburgers, so I wanted to document my process for next time so I can recreated and even improve my recipe. So here goes!


Marsha's Stuffed Hamburgers
I thawed two pre-made hamburger patties for each burger that I was going to serve. Then, I seasoned the underside of the bottom patty with a sprinkling of salt and pepper then flipped them over for stuffing. I sprinkled the top of each patty with a little worchestershire sauce and then brushed the top with a light coating of egg wash to help the burgers seal. I put a small pile of topping/stuffing in the center of each patty (not too much, so it will seal... maybe a 1/4 cup on each). Our "toppings" were a mixture of cooked chopped bacon with either shredded cheddar or blue cheese crumbles. (For a creamier finish, Krystal suggested we use small cubes of Velveeta or chunks of American cheese slices instead.) Then I topped each burger with the other thawed patty, pinched the sides and sealed the burgers as best I could and sprinkled the top with more salt and pepper. Cook on the grill until done, being careful not to press down on the burgers, which could force all the stuffing to squeeze out.

These made HUGE, VERY MEATY burgers, but nothing leaked out, which has always been a problem in the past. I think the light egg wash really helped to keep the stuffing in place and I personally think that the pre-made factory patties hold together and keep their shape better than a hand-pressed home-made patty.

Yum, yum!!!! Certainly a 4th of July splurge.

No comments:

Post a Comment