Monday, September 13, 2021

Slow Cooker Ritz Chicken

We had this chicken over mashed potatoes with some corn on the side (or, in my case, I mixed the corn right in with the chicken and potatoes with a sprinkling of cheese and it was super yummy!) and everyone loved it.

To see the original recipe, go here:https://www.sixsistersstuff.com/recipe/slow-cooker-ritz-chicken/#wprm-recipe-container-91033



Slow Cooker Ritz Chicken

10.5 ounce can cream of chicken soup

2 cups sour cream

1 1/2 cups crushed Ritz Crackers

1/2 cup butter melted

6 boneless skinless chicken breasts

1 Tablespoon parsley for garnish

  • Combine the soup and sour cream in a bowl and set aside.
  • In another bowl mix together cracker crumbs and melted butter.
  • Place chicken in slow cooker that has been sprayed lightly with non stick cooking spray.
  • Spoon the soup mixture over the chicken and sprinkle cracker crumbs on top.
  • Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours or high for 4-5 hours.
  • Garnish with parsley before serving.
Marsha's Notes:
 I used one package/tray of chicken tenders from the meat department at our grocery store. They were frozen at the time, but I could thaw them enough under some running water to break the stuck-together tray of tenders in half so they would fit into my crock pot. I sprinkled the meat with some salt and pepper. Then I put the sauce ingredients on top and left everything to cook on high for a couple of hours until I could stir the entire thing and get it in an even layer in the pot. At that point (maybe around noon) I added the Ritz mixture to the top and left it to cook for the rest of the day. Seems like once I noticed the edges of the pot bubbling, I turned things down to low until dinner time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment