Monday, July 3, 2023

Turkey Cream Cheese Cranberry Sandwich

Scott and I went on a date this last weekend and we stopped by a sandwich shop and I tired a turkey cream cheese and cranberry sandwich on honey rye bread. It was SO GOOD! The only ingredient not listed in the name was mayo. For our family picnic today, I tried to recreate that sandwich. While I don't have a homemade or store-bought version of their rye bread (although, it is a lot like the Cheesecake Factory brown bread, IMO, which I can find when I go out of town), I did my best on my favorite wheat bread. It was so good!


Turkey Cream Cheese Cranberry Sandwich
Ingredients:
  • bread of choice
  • turkey lunch meat
  • cream cheese, softened
  • cranberry sauce
  • mayo
Directions:
Spread one slice of bread with a layer of cream cheese and a layer of cranberry sauce. Spread the other slice of bread with a layer of mayo. Top your mayo with your favorite turkey lunch meat, and you are good to go! We love Kent's Market sundried tomato turkey deli meat.

You could add other sandwich toppings to this if you like, but this simple version is simply delightful! It all depends on using bread you like, turkey you like, and a cranberry sauce/jam that is to your liking. If you use all your favorite ingredients, how can you go wrong?!

For a homemade cranberry sauce recipe, here is mine:


No comments:

Post a Comment