Sunday, May 23, 2010

Food's "Romano's Macaroni Grill" Chicken Cannelloni



My friend made dinner for us, and she made the most wonderful pasta dish.  I, of course, got the recipe immediately and we made it for dinner.  For a cheese and pasta lover like myself, it is basically heaven in a pan.  I just had to share with you all.

As always, I changed the recipe just slightly, either because it was a hard to find ingredient and the recipe didn't call for very much, or because I had something else on hand.  I have noted my changes so you can make the authentic recipe if you want to.  The original recipe is on the Food website.  The picture is from the Romano's Macaroni Grill website.
"Romano's Macaroni Grill" Chicken Cannelloni
8 ounces chicken breast, cooked
1 ounce fresh spinach, chopped (I just used some dried parsley for the same color effect)
1 ounce sun-dried tomato, sliced (couldn't find this in our little grocery store, so I just left it out)
16 ounces ricotta cheese (I could only find 15 ounce containers... close enough)
3 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded (about one cup)
1/2 tsp. black pepper
1 tsp. salt
12 sheets lasagna noodles, cooked
16 ounces Alfredo sauce
16 ounces marinara sauce
3 ounces Parmesan cheese, grated
Dice the cooked chicken breast into 1/2-inch pieces and place into a large mixing bowl.  Add spinach (parsley in my case), tomatoes (which I left out), ricotta, mozzarella, pepper and salt. Mix thoroughly.
Arrange precooked pasta sheets on a cutting board and place two or three rounded tablespoons of filling mixture down the center of each pasta sheet and carefully roll pasta around filling in a cigar fashion (I laid all 12 noodles out at once so I could make sure I got the filling evenly dispersed on all noodles).
Place rolled cannelloni, side by side, seam-side down, into an oven-proof shallow baking dish (I used a 9x13 sprayed with cooking spray).
Place Alfredo sauce and tomato sauce in a bowl and mix until well incorporated.  Pour sauce evenly over cannelloni, covering completely.
Sprinkle grated Parmesan cheese over top of sauce.  Cover with aluminum foil and bake at 350 degrees for approximately 20 minutes.
Remove foil (I also added a handful of mozzarella cheese over the top at this point for good measure)and continue to bake for an additional 20 minutes or until an internal temperature of 165 degrees is reached.  Remove from oven and serve family style.
It's SOOOOO GOOOOD!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment