Sunday, May 23, 2010

Marsha's Raspberry Pie


While Scott's favorite pie is peach, my favorite pie is raspberry!! I just love a warm piece of raspberry pie with vanilla ice cream. SO GOOD! But, I have had a hard time finding a recipe that didn't come out runny. As with my peach pie recipe that doesn't run, I finally found a great raspberry pie recipe that doesn't run either and I wanted to share. (Okay, so really it was a couple recipes that I combined to make the perfect recipe...) I even made it this time with frozen berries from last Fall instead of fresh, and it was still not runny!

Marsha's Raspberry Pie
Ingredients: (Makes TWO pies)
8 cups (8 six ounce containers) of fresh raspberries
4 cups sugar (adjust for tartness of berries)
1 cup flour
2 Tbl. lemon juice
4 Tbl. corn starch
butter to dot top
decorative sugar crystals (optional)
4 store bought pie crust dough circles
Heat oven to 425 degrees. Spray two glass pie dishes with non-stick spray. Line both pie plates with one pie crust dough circle. Dock with a fork to prevent bubbles in the crust during baking.
Wash berries and remove any leaves or debris. In a large bowl, combine berries, sugar, flour, lemon juice, and corn starch. Pour mixture evenly into both pie plates. Dot with butter.
Cover each pie with remaining pie crust dough circles. Crimp edges and cut vents in the center. Sprinkle with decorative sugar crystals. Bake until crust is golden brown and berry juices are bubbly. You may need to cover the edge of the pie crust with tin foil to keep it from browning too quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment