Thursday, June 10, 2010

Marsha's Ultimate S'mores

S'mores are my favorite part of camping, and thanks to my wonderful husband, I can make s'mores at home on our indoor s'more maker anytime I want. So, I thought I would share with you the way I like to have a s'more.  The picture is from the Amazon website, and it is very similar to the maker I have.


Marsha's Ultimate S'Mores
1/4 Hershey milk chocolate bar (3 squares)
1 marshmallow
2 Tbl. creamy peanut butter (approximate)
1 Honey Maid cinnamon graham cracker bar
Carefully roast marshmallow until all sides are golden brown, and the center is completely melted.  To do this, you need to go slowly, or the outside will be done before the inside can melt.  Once you have mastered roasting the perfect marshmallow, take your cinnamon graham cracker bar and break it in half so you have two equal squares of cracker.  Spread each cracker with peanut butter and place your chocolate bar on top of the peanut butter of one cracker.  Place your perfectly roasted marshmallow on top of the chocolate and use the other graham cracker to sandwich the marshmallow down, allowing you to remove the roasting stick.  It will also squish down the marshmallow, allowing all the melt-y goodness to ooze around and melt the chocolate.  Enjoy!
This treat requires a nice beverage to wash it down. I recommend a cold mug of milk!

No comments:

Post a Comment