Saturday, June 19, 2010

Marsha's Banana Cake


This cake is a great way to get rid of some bananas that might be turning brown. I love the recipe equally as a cream cheese frosted bar, or as a chocolate frosted bar with chocolate chips added to the batter. Either way, delicious!

I got this recipe from a friend I used to go to church with, and I have no idea where she got it from, but it's great.

Marsha's Banana Cake
½ cup butter, room temperature
1 ½ cups sugar
2 eggs, room temperature
1 cup sour cream
1 tsp. vanilla
2 cups flour
1 tsp. soda
¼ tsp. salt
2 mashed bananas
Cream together butter, sugar, eggs, sour cream and vanilla. Then add flour, soda and salt. Mix well and then stir in bananas. Spread on a greased 10x15 pan and bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes. Cool and then frost with cream cheese frosting. You could also add some chocolate chips to this recipe and frost with chocolate frosting, if desired.

1 comment:

  1. sounds delicious! I will have to try this. Shane may decide he likes this better than my banana bread.

    ReplyDelete