Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Marsha's Taco Soup (Crock Pot)


I absolutely LOVE this recipe. It is also a great food storage recipe, because it calls for so many canned/dry ingredients.  All the canned items in this recipe are the standard soup can size, and not those bigger cans that you can sometimes find.

I made this recipe from combining things from my favorite taco soup recipes.
Marsha's Taco Soup (Crock-Pot)
2 cans of pinto beans (or favorite kind of bean), drained, rinsed
1 lb. cooked ground beef, crumbled
1 can corn, drained
1 pkg. Taco Seasoning
1 pkg. ranch dressing mix
3 cups water
1 can tomatoes (and chilies)
Sour cream
Chips
Shredded cheese
Cook ground beef in frying pan and drain the fat.  Open and drain beans (any kind, but I like pinto) and corn.  Add beans, beef, corn, taco seasoning, ranch dressing mix, water and tomatoes (with chilies) to the crock pot.  Stir to combine.  Cook on high for several hours (or on low for all day).  Serve in bowls with sour cream, chips, cheese, or any other toppings you like. 
 I love to add lots of cheese and a big dollop of sour cream to mine, stir it up and make it nice and thick (like a dip) so I can scoop it out with my chips.  Scott prefers to break his chips up and sprinkle them on top to eat with a spoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment