Tuesday, October 19, 2010

McCormick's Lemon Pepper Chicken Saute

*This recipe is low-carb if you omit or sub the potatoes.

I forgot how much I LOVE this recipe until Scott and I had it for dinner last night. Then I had some of the leftovers for lunch today and decided I needed to post this on my recipe blog. The original recipe and picture was from the McCormick website. I have made just a few changes to suit my needs. I hope you will try it.



Lemon Pepper Chicken Saute
2 lg. chicken breast halves, boneless, skinless, butterflied
McCormick Perfect Pinch Lemon & Pepper Seasoning
4 Tbl. butter
4 carrots, peeled and sliced
4 red potatoes, cubed 
Onion powder
2 cups chicken broth
2 Tbl. flour
½ cup sour cream
2 tsp. parsley flakes
Season both sides of chicken with lemon and pepper to your taste.  Melt butter in a large skillet on medium heat.  Add chicken; cook until browned and cooked through.  Remove chicken to serving platter; keep warm.  Add carrots and potatoes to skillet and sprinkle with onion powder to your taste; cook and stir 2 minutes.  Whisk broth and flour.  Pour over vegetables; bring to boil. Reduce heat to low; simmer until vegetables are tender.  Stir in sour cream and parsley; simmer 2 minutes.  Spoon over chicken.

I like to butterfly the chicken (place chicken on a cutting board and cut it open horiztonally like a sandwich, making two thinner pieces of chicken out of one breast) because it allows the thinner chicken to cook more evenly, faster, and it makes your chicken go farther.


To reduce cooking time, pre-steam vegetables in microwave with some water while you are cooking the chicken. Only cook them part way and finish the cooking process in the pan.

No comments:

Post a Comment