Sunday, October 17, 2010

Marsha's Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies (with Cream Cheese Frosting)

Yes, I have been absent from my recipe blog for awhile, but I do have a two month old son now!  In honor of fall and one of my favorite October/November recipes, I am sharing this classic for pumpkin chocolate chip cookies.  I hope you enjoy!  I have no idea where this recipe came from, but it's great.






Marsha's Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 cup sugar
½ cup butter
1 cup canned pumpkin
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
2 cups flour
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 cup chocolate chips
Cream together sugar and butter.  Add pumpkin/squash, baking powder, soda and salt.  Mix in flour, cinnamon and last the chocolate chips.  Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes.  Frost with cream cheese frosting (click here for recipe).

 Note: If you are looking to use the entire can of pumpkin and the entire brick of cream cheese for the frosting, just double both the recipes.

Using my two-inch cookie scoop made the perfect sized cookies, baking 12 to a sheet. They also make for a smoother appearance on the top of the cookies, as opposed to using a couple of regular spoons to portion the dough. (Compare the above images from different batches.) Scooping the batter this way made a total of about 36 cookies, or three full cookie sheets.



No comments:

Post a Comment