Friday, February 4, 2011

Kraft's Bruschetta Chicken Bake

Scott and I like to try and find healthy recipes, even though we tend to gravitate towards the ones that are probably too fattening. However, this recipe was tasty, simple yet flavorful, and seemed to be pretty darn healthy too. While I am still trying to loose the baby fat from my son, I think we will be making this recipe again!

The recipe also suggests that you can substitute the garlic if you use Stove Top Stuffing Mix Italian with Roasted Garlic. If you can find that available in your area, I would sure give it a try!  I also used twice as much cheese (big surprise, I know) and put a little bit on top during the last five minutes of baking.


Kraft's Bruschetta Chicken Bake

what you need

1 can (14-1/2 oz.) diced tomatoes, undrained
1 pkg.  (6 oz.) STOVE TOP Stuffing Mix for Chicken
1/2 cup water
2 cloves  garlic, minced
1-1/2 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
1 tsp.  dried basil leaves
1 cup KRAFT 2% Milk Shredded Mozzarella Cheese (x2 if you use my suggestion to top with cheese last five minutes of baking)

make it

1. Heat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Mix tomatoes, stuffing mix, water and garlic just until stuffing mix is moistenend.
3. Place chicken in 3-qt casserole sprayed with cooking spray; sprinkle with basil and cheese.
4. Top with stuffing mixture. Bake 30 minutes or until chicken is done.

No comments:

Post a Comment