Friday, February 4, 2011

Taste of Home's Pizza Grilled Cheese

Always on the look-out for something fun to get Chris excited about food, I thought I would try this idea from my "Good Food Kids Love" Taste of Home magazine that I picked up a long time ago (November 2005). Already a fan of pizza, I thought Chris would really like this. He also loves to "dip" things, so the extra sauce on the side was perfect. Thank you Taste of Home.  I probably never would have thought to try this on my own.



Ingredients

  • 1 tablespoon butter, softened
  • 2 slices bread
  • 1 slice provolone cheese
  • 6 slices pepperoni
  • 3 tablespoons pizza sauce
  • Additional pizza sauce, optional

Directions

  • Butter one side of each slice of bread. Place one slice in a skillet, butter side down. Top with the cheese, pepperoni, pizza sauce and second bread slice, butter side up. Cook over medium heat until golden brown, turning once. Serve with additional pizza sauce if desired. Yield: 1 serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment