Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Marsha's Lime Ricky


Scott really loves a good Lime Ricky from Arctic Circle, and so one day I watched the lady prepare one and came home to make my own copy-cat version.  You basically need three things; lemon-lime soda, fresh limes, and grape flavoring. I think the ideal thing might be the grape syrup you can buy in the spring to make homemade snow cones, but alas, it is fall, and so I had to improvise.


I picked these Kool-Aid Singles because they are pre-sweetened and I could just dump a little in.  It makes it hard to know exactly how much I added, where as the syrup would be easier to measure.

So, here's the process.

Marsha's Lime Ricky

1 can lemon-lime soda
1/4-1/2 fresh lime
1/3 (or so) packet of Kool-Aid Singles grape flavor

In a tall glass, add the desired amount of ice and about 1/3 of your grape drink mix. Pour soda over top. Take a lime that has been cut into quarters and squeeze one quarter into your drink, then drop the wedge in. Stir and enjoy!

The amount of Kool-Aid you add will depend on how strong you like your grape flavor, and you will also determine the amount of fresh lime juice to add by taste. Scott just likes the juice and throws the wedge away, but in true Arctic Circle fashion, I put my wedge directly into my drink. The choice is yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment