Monday, February 17, 2014

Simple Nourished Living Crock Pot Baked Oatmeal

*When I went to a nutrition class for being pre-diabetic, I was told that oatmeal is a "healthy carb" and the one exception I was allowed when pursuing a low-carb diet. So, that is why I have marked these as "low-carb."

Still on my diet, and still looking for more good recipes that will help me keep loosing weight. I am about half way to my goal, so I just need to hang in there. So, I popped back over to the Simple Nourished Living site and tried out her version of baked oatmeal and loved it. So far, it is my favorite recipe from her site. Enjoy!

http://simple-nourished-living.com/2014/01/crock-pot-baked-oatmeal/


Simple Nourished Living Crock Pot Baked Oatmeal

Prep time
Cook time
Total time
 
This crock pot baked oatmeal is my new favorite way to enjoy oatmeal for breakfast, its like eating a warm from the oven muffin or cookie.
Author: 
Serves: 8
Ingredients
  • ¼ cup oil
  • ¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
  • ¾ cup brown sugar
  • 1 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1-1/2 cups skim milk (I used vanilla coconut milk beverage)
  • 3 cups uncooked oatmeal, rolled or quick oats
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
Instructions
  1. I used my 2-Quart Crockpot for this but a 3-Quart should work too.
  2. Coat your slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray.
  3. In a large bowl whisk together the oil, applesauce, brown sugar, salt, and eggs until well blended and creamy. Whisk in the milk.
  4. Add the oats and baking powder and stir until well mixed.
  5. Pour into your greased slow cooker.
  6. Cover and cook on LOW for 3 to 5 hours, until the edges are golden brown and the center is set. (Mine was done in 4 hours.)
  7. Serve hot or let it stand in the slow cooker for up to an hour and then cut it into pieces for serving.
Martha’s Notes
Nutrition Estimates Per Serving (1/8th): 268 calories, 10.1 g fat, 38.1 g carbs, 3.4 g fiber, 7.3 g protein and *7 Weight Watchers Points Plus



Possible Additions to your crock pot baked oatmeal:

1 cup chopped fresh apple
1 cup frozen berries
1 cup chopped fresh or frozen peaches
1 cup chopped banana
3/4 cup dried fruit (raisins, cranberries, dates, figs, apricots, etc)
1/2 cup chopped nuts

No comments:

Post a Comment