Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Allrecipes Candied Pecans

You may have noticed with the Wendy's salad recipes that I just posted, I included a link to candied pecans. I have personally used this recipe and I thought it made great pecans for my salad, or just to snack on. I haven't tried them with the sunflower seeds for the other salad recipe, but I would imagine it would work pretty well. However, I think I prefer the pecans to the sunflower seeds anyway and would probably use them in both salads. So, here is the pecan recipe. It's simple and delicious... I usually have all the ingredients on hand except the pecans, which make this recipe even more user-friendly. Find the original recipe here.


Allrecipes Candied Pecans

  • 1 cup white sugar
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 egg white
  • 1 tablespoon water
  • 1 pound pecan halves

Directions


  1. Preheat oven to 250 degrees F (120 degrees C).
  2. Mix sugar, cinnamon, and salt together in a bowl.
  3. Whisk egg white and water together in a separate bowl until frothy. Toss pecans in the egg white mixture. Mix sugar mixture into pecan mixture until pecans are evenly coated. Spread coated pecans onto a baking sheet.
  4. Bake in the preheated oven, stirring every 15 minutes, until pecans are evenly browned, 1 hour.

*My pecans came in an 8 oz. package, which is only 1/2 a pound, so I just halved the recipe. Now you might ask, "How do you halve one egg white?" but I just took a little out of the bowl. I also used pecan pieces, which I like better for salads.

No comments:

Post a Comment