Monday, March 21, 2016

Wendy's Salad and McDonald's Wrap Hacks

Wendy's has two salads that I am quite fond of, but I am not fond of paying their prices for it. Same goes for a wrap that McDonald's has discontinued. So, I keep trying to make the salads and wrap at home for much cheaper. So, here's my take on the Apple Pecan Chicken Salad and the Strawberry Fields Chicken Salad, plus the Sweet Chili Chicken Wrap. Since the assembly is to simply put everything together, I am just listing ingredients with links to things that might be harder to find.


Wendy's Apple Pecan Chicken Salad
salad mix, any you prefer
green apples (Granny Smith), bite size pieces
red apples (any kind you like, I prefer cruchy and tart), bite size pieces
blue cheese crumbles
dried cranberries (crazins)
roasted/candied pecan pieces
grilled chicken, bite size pieces
Marzetti Simply Dressed Pomegranate Vinaigrette

For approximately 570 calories, my proportions for this salad are:
4.5 oz Dole Classic Romaine Salad Mix
105 grams chicken
2 servings Marzetti Simply Dressed Pomegranate Vinaigrette
1 Tbl blue cheese
1 Tbl candied pecans
1/2 granny smith apple
1 Tbl cranberries


Wendy's Strawberry Fields Chicken Salad
salad mix, any you prefer
fresh strawberries, sliced
blue cheese crumbles
bacon, crumbled
honey roasted/candied sunflower seeds
sliced red onion
grilled chicken, bite size pieces
Marzetti Simply Dressed Apple Balsamic Vinaigrette


McDonald's Sweet Chili Chicken Wrap
flour tortilla
Panda Express Sweet Chili sauce
cucumber slices
tomato slices
salad greens (chopped romaine, baby spinich and baby kale)
grilled chicken, bite size pieces (the picture shows crispy, but I get grilled)
*I also add some grated cheese from time to time

No comments:

Post a Comment