Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Chicken Enchilada Casserole

Another recipe that popped up on my Facebook feed and sucked me in... I just had to try this super simple looking slow cooker recipe! As promised, it was easy, tasty, and everyone in my family liked it. Yay!!! For the original recipe, click here. Otherwise, read on and try my version yourself!


Marsha's Chicken Enchilada Casserole

Frozen boneless skinless raw chicken breasts, enough to fill the bottom of the cooker
1 large can red Enchilada Sauce (I found a can that was about 30 oz, or twice the size of a regular soup can)

Add these ingredients at the end:
(approx.) 10 tortillas (I used flour)
3 cups grated cheddar cheese (divided)
1 can pinto beans (rinsed and drained)
1 can corn (drained)
Sour Cream to serve

Put the chicken breasts and the enchilada sauce in your slow cooker. Cook on HIGH for 4 hours or LOW for 8 hours. Shred the chicken with 2 forks right in the slow cooker. Cut the tortillas in to strips, add to chicken and sauce. Stir. Add 1 cup of cheese, beans and corn into the sauce and chicken mixture. Stir again. Flatten the mixture slightly. Add the rest of the cheese on top. Cook on low for about 40 - 60 minutes longer. Serve with sour cream, if desired.

*This recipe is super versatile, as you can see from the simple changes I made from the original. You could add all different kinds of beans, olives, corn, tomatoes, onions, peppers, etc. Anything you like as a topping/filling for Mexican food can probably be added to this pot of chicken and sauce to create a yummy meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment