Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Hot Rolls

I could have sworn this recipe was already on here, but I guess it's not! So, it's about stinking time I shared my favorite roll recipe. Years ago, my step-mom gave me a cookbook full of recipes from her coworkers, and this recipe for "hot rolls" was in there. We LOVE it!!! It makes huge, fluffy rolls. I pull it out when asked to bring rolls for Thanksgiving or Christmas. (The images I pulled from the Internet, but my rolls look EXACTLY like these, so I thought it would do until I could take my own pictures the next time I make a batch.)


Marsha's Hot Rolls

2 eggs
2 cups water, hottest you get from tap
6 Tbsp. sugar
3 Tbsp. oil
1 Tbsp. yeast
5 cups flour
2 tsp. salt

Mix eggs, water, sugar and oil together.   Sprinkle yeast on top of mixture, stir slightly, let sit for 10-15 minutes or until yeast is foamy.  Sprinkle enough flour on top of yeast to protect it from salt.  Sprinkle salt on top of the flour, then sprinkle more flour on top of the salt.  Mix in then add the rest of the flour until dough is not sticky.  Let raise for one hour.  Roll out on floured surface and cut in to rolls.  Place rolls in two greased pans and let raise.  Cook for 25 minutes at 350 degrees.


*Rolls are HUGE if you use one 9x13 pan, so I use one 9x13 and then another smaller pan to make my rolls.  

No comments:

Post a Comment