Tuesday, April 3, 2018

Death By Chocolate Cake



My son needed to do a project for school, and he wants to be a chef when he grows up (at least that's what he wants to do right now) and so he decided to do his project on cooking and baking. The recipe he picked for his project is my grandmother's Death by Chocolate Cake. I seem to remember that she got this recipe from a friend when I was in high school or college, but it's been a favorite ever since. I honestly can't believe I haven't posted it on here sooner!!! It's moist, it's chocolate-y, it is ah-mazing!

Death by Chocolate Cake

¾ cup sour cream                                                     1 small box of instant chocolate
4 eggs                                                                                      pudding mix
½ cup water                                                             1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
½ cup Crisco oil                                                       Powdered sugar to top, or frosting
1 pkg. chocolate cake mix (I used Devil's Food)

Heat oven to 350 degrees.  Beat sour cream, eggs, water and oil together.  Mix well.  Add cake mix and pudding mix.  Stir in chocolate chips.  Pour into greased and floured bundt pan.  Bake 45-55 minutes or until done.  Invert on serving platter and can frost when cool or sprinkle with powdered sugar or frost.


* For the cake in the picture, we took a can of chocolate frosting from the store, microwaved it for just a little bit until it was warm and slightly runny, then I poured it over the cooled cake. (So, first, I put the cake on a cooling rack and then slipped a large plate under the cooling rack to catch all the frosting drippings... but... I digress.) Then, I sprinkled on some chocolate sprinkles and mini chocolate chips. It... is... so... good!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment