Monday, November 4, 2019

Cookie Dough Truffles


Cookie Dough Truffles
1/2 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups (plus) flour
1 can (14 oz) condensed milk
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
Chocolate to coat

In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla. Gradually add flour, alternating with milk, beating well after each addition. Stir in chocolate chips (and nuts if desired). Shape into doughnut hole sized balls and refrigerate until firm. Dough can be sticky, so you may need extra flour to help shape. Melt chocolate coating and dip chilled balls. Place on waxed paper to cool and harden.

****Update 2023****
This year I found that I got the prettiest dips when I used a toothpick to spear the truffles and then just dabbed some chocolate over the hole that the toothpick made. My biggest problem was the truffle being too soft and the toothpick wanting to tear through while I was tapping the excess chocolate off. I think this is why they often recommend freezing your truffles before you dip them because, not only will the chocolate harden faster instead of running off, but they will also hold up to the toothpick dipping better. Trying to use a fork, I have never had much success because it makes ugly fork tracks on the bottom/side of the ball. Perhaps freezing would help this problem too, but after this year's experience, I am going with freeze and toothpick dipping.

No comments:

Post a Comment