Thursday, November 7, 2019

Marsha's Loaded Chicken Alfredo Gnocchi Bake


We love gnocchi's at our house, so when I saw this recipe, I just HAD to try it. And I wasn't disappointed. I made some adjustments to the Inside Bru Crew Life recipe (found here) so now it's a "Marsha's Version." Enjoy!

Marsha's Loaded Chicken Alfredo Gnocchi Bake
3 cups gnocchi (2 sleeves if using prepackaged)
1/2 bag frozen broccoli
2 cups cooked chicken (2 large cans if using store bought canned)
1/2 cup crumbled bacon
2 15 oz jars Alfredo sauce
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese

Cook gnocchi according to package directions (typically, add to boiling water and when they float, they are done) and drain. Stir together gnocchi, broccoli, chicken, bacon and Alfredo sauce. Spoon into casserole dish. Top with mozzarella cheese and bake at 400 degrees for 20-22 minutes. Turn oven to broiler for 2-3 minutes or until the cheese starts to brown. Serve.

*I have a couple of notes written on my recipe. First, I have written down that this recipe would be even yummier if you used a fresh, homemade Alfredo sauce (like this one) but leftovers wouldn't reheat as nicely because homemade Alfredo tends to split when reheated. The first time I made this, it must have been dry because I have written down to use the TWO jars of sauce suggested above, instead of the single jar from the original recipe. But I like my pastas to have plenty of sauce. You may want to just use one or one and a half jars. Depending on the texture of the chicken you are going for and how much time you have, it would also be yummy to use fresh chicken that you dice, season, and then cook off in a pan before you make this recipe. Lastly, frozen broccoli can release a lot of water when it thaws and cooks, so the more you add the wetter it all becomes. But all the proportions in this recipe can be adjusted to your taste. Want more broccoli, go for it! Want more bacon, why not?!

No comments:

Post a Comment