Thursday, November 7, 2019

Slow Cooker Peach Cobbler

My Aunt brought me a recipe card that is either from her or from my Grandmother (I can't remember which) but it's the EXACT same recipe as Tasty's recipe. Now, neither of them seem like the kind of people who would even know about Tasty, so where they got this recipe, I have no idea, but I thought I would put the link to their site (and video) here, along with the recipe from the card. Enjoy!

Visit Tasty here: https://tasty.co/recipe/easy-slow-cooker-peach-cobbler


Slow Cooker Peach Cobbler
2- 21 oz cans peach pie filling
1 box vanilla cake mix (or any flavor you like)
8 oz. butter
1/3 cup walnuts (opt.)

Place pie filling in the bottom of your slow cooker. Layer with dry cake mix first, then bits of cold butter, and finally any nuts you wanted. Cover and cook on high for 2-2 1/2 hours. Serve with ice cream or whipped cream, if desired.

*There is a note on the card for the option of mixing the butter and cake mix together and add it to the slow cooker after 30 minutes of the peaches cooking alone. Not sure why you'd want to do this, but there it is... Also, I saw one recipe online that mentioned placing a paper towel over the top of the cooker before you put the lid on to help seal in any moisture in the pot. However, I think I'd be worried that the towel would get too damp and start to break apart and fall into the cobbler, so try that at your own risk. :)

I think this recipe would also be delicious with a spiced cake mix, or some cinnamon/cinnamon sugar sprinkled on top or mixed into the cake mix or peaches. I also think a cap full of vanilla in the pie filling would be delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment