Monday, November 4, 2019

Oreo Truffle Balls

Truth be told, I have never been much of a fan of the traditional chocolate Oreo cookie. Some of the fun flavors they've made in the last few years are SO MUCH MORE my speed... but I absolutely LOVE these Oreo truffle balls. And they are so easy!!!


Oreo Truffle Balls
1 pkg. Oreos, crushed finely
1 pkg. cream cheese
chocolate for coating (white or milk or dark, etc.)

Crush your Oreos however you like (food processor, rolling pin, etc.). Then combine the crushed cookies with softened cream cheese. Form into doughnut hole sized balls (you can freeze these to firm up before dipping if you need to) and dip into melted chocolate of your choice (could be white, or milk, or whatever chocolate you like). Place on waxed paper to set. If desired, while chocolate is still wet, sprinkle with extra crushed cookies or drizzle with an alternate colored chocolate drizzle.

****Update 2023****
This year I found that I got the prettiest dips when I used a toothpick to spear the truffles and then just dabbed some chocolate over the hole that the toothpick made. My biggest problem was the truffle being too soft and the toothpick wanting to tear through while I was tapping the excess chocolate off. I think this is why they often recommend freezing your truffles before you dip them because, not only will the chocolate harden faster instead of running off, but they will also hold up to the toothpick dipping better. Trying to use a fork, I have never had much success because it makes ugly fork tracks on the bottom/side of the ball. Perhaps freezing would help this problem too, but after this year's experience, I am going with freeze and toothpick dipping.

No comments:

Post a Comment