Monday, November 4, 2019

Food.com's "Perfect Turkey In An Electric Roaster Oven" Turkey Breast


When Scott's parent's gave us part of a turkey breast to cook (because their turkeys are always HUGE so you can only cook part of the breast at a time!), I was at a loss as to what to do because I always let more experienced people cook turkey for holiday dinners and other occasions. But I thought it was about time I cooked one myself and it turned out pretty darn good! I even took pictures to send to my family! So, here is what they recommend if you are cooking it in a counter-top oven roaster.

Food.com's Perfect Turkey In An Electric Roaster Oven
1 large turkey breast (that's what I used anyway, and it was actually just a 1/2 a breast, but still huge)
cooking oil
seasoning (salt, pepper, poultry seasoning, season salt, etc.)

Oil the turkey breast and sprinkle with your desired amount of seasonings. Place prepared turkey breast on top or wire rack in the roaster oven (with handles up) and cover with lid (do not add any water to the bottom). Turn on roaster to 325 degrees. Turkey will self-baste if you don't lift the lid, so try not to lift the lid hardly at all during the cooking process. Final temperature should reach about 180 degrees in the thigh and 165 in the breast. Juices should run clear. When done, remove from roaster, cover with foil, and let rest for 20 minutes before cutting.

No comments:

Post a Comment