Monday, May 11, 2020

Low Calorie/Carb "Gummies"

When you are trying to watch your weight, sugar levels, carbs, or what have you, and you really want something sweet to eat without resorting to a candy bar, what can you do?! A friend of mine tipped me off to these homemade, easy to customize "gummies." While I would obviously prefer chocolate, these sweet gummies do help me satisfy my sweet tooth with zero guilt, and the boys like them too! And ENTIRE BATCH (that's a BATCH, not per gummie) is only 100 calories and less than 10 carbs. So if you only eat one or two gummies at a time, that's hardly enough calories or carbs to even worry about.



Homemade Gummies
4 single serving (2.5g each) sleeves of drink mix
4 envelopes KNOX Unflavored Gelatin powder (approx. 7.2g per envelope)
1 cup hot water
1 tsp. citric acid (if you want sour gummies)

Whisk all ingredients together and pour into silicone molds. Place in refrigerator until set (about 2 hours). Store in airtight container in the fridge (or they melt). Be sure to constantly whisk as you add your ingredients to the hot water so you don't get any clumps. Also be sure to use the single serving drink mixes that go in a single serving water bottle, and not the kind that makes an entire pitcher of drink.

A batch made about two silicone trays of gummies. I also have these smaller LEGO trays, and a batch filled up all three trays perfectly. The giant LEGO guy was also pretty fun to eat! I had him in three different pieces over three days. https://smile.amazon.com/Youdepot-Building-Multi-size-Minifigure-Silicone/dp/B01LZRWB9A/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=silicone+molds&qid=1589230509&sr=8-3


I like my gummies sour, but I couldn't find citric acid in my grocery store. I got mine off Amazon.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00EYFKM32/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

No comments:

Post a Comment