Friday, March 26, 2021

Cap'N Crunch French Toast

When I visit my family in Idaho Falls, I love to get brunch with everyone before we leave town on Sunday mornings. One of my favorite stops is Abracadabra to get their Cap'N Crunch French Toast with buttermilk syrup. But alas, we don't always make it to Abracadabra each trip, so it was about high time I recreated this recipe at home so I can have it anytime I want! With Crunchy French Toast under my belt, this was the next inevitable step. And it was SOOO GOOD!


Marsha's Cap'N Crunch French Toast
Ingredients:
1 loaf French Bread
6 eggs
1/2 cup milk
2-3 cups crushed Cap'N Crunch cereal (about 1/2 a regular-sized box)
buttermilk syrup
fresh sliced bananas
whipped cream
powdered sugar

Slice your French bread into 1 inch slices. Whip up your eggs and milk together. Dip the bread into the egg mixture until evenly coated, then dip into the crushed cereal, pressing the cereal into the bread to coat evenly. Cook on a grilled until the toast starts to brown. Serve with fresh sliced bananas, whipped cream, a drizzle of buttermilk syrup and a dusting of powdered sugar.

I found this buttermilk syrup in our grocery store and it was PERFECT!

No comments:

Post a Comment