Friday, January 1, 2021

Marsha's Crunchy French Toast


 Thanks to The Rusted Spoon in Perry, Utah, Scott and I have discovered and fallen in love with "crunchy" French toast. Basically, you just take real French bread and slice it up for your toast. Put some cereal in a dish, like a bread pan, and loosely crush it with a drinking glass. You want it still a little chunky and not totally pulverized. After you dip your bread in a milk and egg mixture, then toss it in the cereal before cooking on a griddle or in a pan. It's so good!!! It makes the best crust! I like a lot of sweet topping on my toast, like syrup, whipped cream, powdered sugar, etc., so Scott and I both agreed that we didn't need the extra sugar from using Frosted Flakes, so we recommend just plain Corn Flakes instead, but use what you like.

I think this would be good with just about any cereal you like. I am tempted to even try to recreate Abracadabra's Cap'n Crunch French toast now. YUM!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment