Monday, June 26, 2023

Peach Strudel Bites

I was going to make my regular chocolate protein bites, but I wanted to change things up and use my vanilla protein powder instead... but when I opened the container, my powder had gone rancid. What to do?!!! So I did some substitutions and made something really, REALLY tasty! However, since I didn't use protein powder, I felt like I couldn't call these "protein bites" (but you could use protein powder if you wanted to) so instead, these will just be "Peach Strudel Bites." Enjoy!

Peach Strudel Bites

Ingredients:

  • 1 1/2 cups  quick cooking oats
  • ½ cup (+) Cinnamon Toast Crunch creamy cinnamon spread
  • ½ cup Uncle Bob's Butter Country Peaches and Cream syrup
  • ¼ cup Stephen's Gourmet Hot Cocoa powder mix, White Chocolate flavor
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • ½ cup white chocolate chips
  • pinch of salt
  • chopped nuts, optional

Directions:

  1. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl until well incorporated.
  2. Roll into 1-inch balls, wearing gloves is handy for this part. If mixture is too dry to hold together, add another spoonful of cinnamon spread. Balls will initially be fragile.
  3. Enjoy immediately, or chill in the fridge for a firmer ball. Balls will set up more when cold and be less crumbly and fragile.
  4. Store in an airtight container or place in a resealable bag in the refrigerator.

I also added a small handful of slivered almonds to mine. I love these for a quick snack when you just need a little something to get you by or help when you are hungry at bedtime.



No comments:

Post a Comment