Wednesday, September 4, 2024

Crock Pot Shredded Beef Sandwiches

This recipe was such a hit that Scott said he might even request it for his birthday! So that's just about all you need to know. The original recipe is from here: https://cookinginthemidwest.com/blog/crockpot-shredded-beef-sandwiches/#recipe

Crock Pot Shredded Beef Sandwiches

Ingredients:

  • 3-4 lb Chuck Roast
  • Salt, pepper, and garlic powder
  • 2 TBSP butter
  • 1 onion sliced
  • 2 TBSP minced garlic
  • 2 TBSP of steak sauce
  • 12 oz of beer
  • 1 heaping tbsp Montreal steak seasoning
  • 1 1/2 cups beef broth
  • Onion buns
  • Mayo
  • Pepper Jack cheese
  • Crispy onions
  • Chipotle aioli

Directions:

  1. Slice your onion and have all of your ingredients out and ready to go because you want to be able to add everything to your hot pan immediately after your are done searing your meat to deglaze.
  2. Season the chuck roast on all sides with salt, pepper, and garlic.
  3. Melt butter in a skillet over medium high heat and sear chuck roast on all sides.
  4. Put the seared chuck roast in a crock pot.
  5. Add sliced onions, minced garlic, steak sauce, beer, beef broth, and the steak seasoning to the hot skillet stirring and letting it simmer for a minute or two.
  6. Pour the onion/broth mixture over chuck roast in the crock pot and let cook on low for 6-8 hours. Shred the meat and discard any extra fat.
  7. Spread mayo on the buns and toast them in a skillet over medium low heat until they are golden brown.
  8. Build sandwiches with the meat and Pepper Jack cheese. Top sandwiches with crispy onions and Chipotle aioli (I used store bought Kraft brand aioli). Enjoy!
Marsha's Notes:
I tried using my Salad Shooter to cut up my onion really nice and thin, and it worked really well. I just peeled and quartered the onion so it would fit in the shooter tube, and then ran it through. It felt quicker and caused less tears, while also getting the onion thinner than I normally could. Everyone onion is different, so I don't know if this will work every time or not, but I would hope so.

This day, because the roasts were small, I was searing two of them at a time. The stove was set between 7 and 8 (on a scale of 1-10).

Simmering the onions after deglazing the pan.

Here is everything in the crock pot before cooking.

No comments:

Post a Comment