Because we liked the chai tea mix so well, I decided to try another version and it was also delicious. Less spicy and more fresh and citrus-y, this is another tasty option. Enjoy!
Russian Friendship Tea
Calories per serving: 100 per 2 Tbl.
Ingredients:
- 1 1/2 cups instant black tea mix
- 1 container Tang (approx. 20 oz.)
- 1 container lemonade mix (approx. 20 oz)
- 2 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 1/4 tsp ground cloves
Directions:
- Mix all together and store in an airtight container.
- To make a cup of tea: Use about 8 oz of hot water with approximately 1 TBL of Russian Friendship Tea mix. Stir to combine until dissolved. Adjust amount of mix to water to taste.
Marsha's Notes:
Unlike the chai tea mix, I am not sure I can make this one a low-calorie, sugar-free option until I can get my hands on sugar-free Tang and sugar-free lemonade mix. So, for this recipe as of right now, it just is what it is. Enjoy!
If you can find and use sugar-free options, you will need 11 packets of Tang Zero Sugar On-The-Go mix and 11 packets of Great Value or Crystal Light Sugar-Free lemonade packets. This will drop the calories for the entire batch down from 4,400 to only 166. That will make each serving only 6 calories and the flavor will be more concentrated, so you will only need about 2 teaspoons of mix per cup. (According to A.I.: I will come back and report if I try this option and let you know exact results and measurements.)




No comments:
Post a Comment