Friday, January 5, 2018

Marsha's Super Simple "Cheat" Nachos

Okay, so the basic idea of nachos (chips and cheese) is already pretty simple, but when you think of really GOOD nachos, they can have a LOT of ingredients on them; lettuce, tomato, cheese, sour cream, meat, veggies, chips, etc.. Kind of like how my brain says that making salad should be simple, but when I assemble everything for a "good salad" it becomes a lot of ingredients! So, when I am in a rush or I can't think of anything great for lunch for myself or my kiddos, I often turn to my super simple... dare I say "cheat"... nachos. You can certainly doctor these babies up as fancy as you please with anything you have on hand, but the point of this post is to share my easiest, bare bones nacho recipe that gets me out of a lunch-pinch. The secret ingredient? Taco sauce!


Marsha's Super Simple "Cheat" Nachos

Ingredients:
Chips
Cheese
Taco Sauce

Directions:
Place desired amount of chips on a microwave-safe plate. Top with desired amount of shredded cheese and taco sauce. Microwave for 30 seconds-1 minute, or until cheese is melted.

Assembled

Melted

That's it! So easy! Now, to make them even more interesting, here are some things you can throw on top (the sky is the limit, so go with what you have on hand and your personal preferences):

  • Sour Cream
  • Lettuce
  • Salsa
  • Nacho Cheese Sauce
  • Diced Veggies (tomato, peppers, onions, olives, jalapenos, etc.)
  • Meat (leftover taco meat, spicy shredded chicken, even pepperoni)
  • Guacamole
  • Swap the taco sauce for pizza sauce and make "pizza nachos" instead with your favorite pizza toppings.

No comments:

Post a Comment