Wednesday, April 28, 2021

Adult Key Lime Pie Drink

I absolutely LOVE key lime pie, and when a friend told me about this cocktail that tastes like key lime pie, I had to try it. I was impressed with how much it actually tastes like the real thing, and how simple it was to make.


Key Lime Pie Drink

  • 8 oz. limeade
  • 2 oz. whipped vodka
  • 1/4 cup simple syrup
  • Whipped Cream
  • Ice

Pour limeade, vodka, and simple syrup over ice. Stir. Top with whipped cream.

Notes and Variations-

I used Simply Limeade, which is a slightly pulpy limeade, so if that bothers you, then you might want to find another brand. I also used Pinnacle whipped vodka, which is a whipped cream flavored vodka. I imagine any brand of whipped cream vodka would do, but these too specific brands gave me the taste-results I was looking for.

Some recipes don't call for simple syrup, but I found the limeade to be bitter enough that my sweet tooth demanded it, and it really turned this drink into that dessert-taste I was expecting. If you don't want your drink so sweet, you can certainly leave it out or adjust the amount.

I also tried putting in a splash of coffee creamer instead of using whipped cream, and it worked okay. It tasted fine, but the acidity of the limeade made the creamer split a bit, so just be aware. I think whipped cream would be a safer choice because it more floats on top of the drink and wouldn't mix as much with the limeade.

Some people dress up their cups with a lime wedge, or by rimming the cup with crushed graham crackers. Simply wet the edge of the cup with either the limeade or the vodka and then dip the cup into a bowl of crushed graham crackers.

If you don't want the ice to water-down the drink, you can chill your vodka (and your glass) in advance and not use ice, or you can mix your limeade and vodka in a shaker with ice and strain it into your glass once it's cold.

Some recipes call for lemon-lime soda instead of limeade, so if you want it sparkly, you can go that route, but you probably wouldn't need the simple syrup since soda is already sweet, you couldn't chill it in a shaker, and it might not have that true "lime" taste. That being said, it would still probably be really yummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment