Wednesday, April 28, 2021

Marsha's Favorite Protein Breakfast Shake

For a long time now, maybe even a year or more, my favorite breakfast to help me watch my calories yet stay happy is a protein shake cut with cold brew coffee and mixed with a flavored syrup. I have stumbled upon two different flavor combinations (one for a vanilla shake, and one for chocolate) that are my absolute favorites! I wanted to share so I don't forget.


Marsha's Favorite Protein Breakfast Shake

  • 11 oz. protein shake
  • 4 oz. cold brew
  • 4 pumps flavored syrup

Mix all ingredients together and enjoy. Adjust amounts of coffee and syrup to taste.


For the vanilla protein shake- 4 pumps of Jordan's Skinny Syrup Cinnamon Dulce flavor turns this into a a horchata shake! So good!



For the chocolate protein shake- 4 pumps of Jordan's Skinny Syrup Caramel Fudge Waffle Cone pairs so yummy!!! I absolutely love it!

To keep my drink cold while I sip on it throughout the morning at my desk without watering it down with ice, I like to use a freezer water bottle that has the crackled gel lining. Then my shake doesn't get warm, but it also doesn't get watery!


Full-Disclosure- I use the exact same freezer bottle as shown in the image. When I make my drink, I don't measure my cold brew. I just put my shake in first, then I fill up the bottle with cold brew until it comes about a half inch above where you see the blue grip on this bottle. Then I add my pumps of syrup and stir with the straw that that bottle comes with before putting the lid on. My best guess is that it is about 4 oz, but depending on how strong you like your coffee flavor, you can totally adjust the amounts.

I started making my drinks this way because, the way I see it, I can sweeten my cold coffee with creamer and sweetener, or I can use my protein shake as my creamer and sweetener instead. Works for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment